Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Prayer of Salvation

Good Morning Believers and Non-Believers Alike!

I feel compelled today to post about salvation. The prayer of salvation allows you to be free of sin, forever connect you with God the Father through  faith in Jesus Christ and to declare who you choose as the Lord of your life. This prayer, and all the like, frees you. How does it free you? 

Once you make the decision to align your life with that of Jesus Christ and not Satan, confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that you believe in Him, confess your sins and ask for forgiveness for your sins, then your spirit is freed from the Law of Sin and Death. The "steps" to salvation (not necessarily in this order) are not as hard as some would have you to believe. The following are the "steps" to salvation and the scriptures that provided the information I am sharing with you today:
  1. Conviction of Sin - John 16:8
  2. Repentance (turning) from sin to God - Luke 15: 7,10; 2Corinthians 7:10
  3. Commitment of Faith to Christ - John 3:16, 36
  4. Confession of Jesus Christ as Lord - Acts 2:21; Romans 10:9-10
To be saved or to receive salvation through Jesus Christ affords those who are Christians "salvation from the wrath of God's final judgment" Romans 5:9-10.

Being baptized, as an individual act, does not constitute being saved. In fact, baptism is a symbol of the salvation you have already received. Baptism is a public demonstration of regeneration (Titus 3:5; 1Peter 3:21). Regeneration is defined by the Holman Concise Bible Dictionary as the spiritual change in which God changes you from a condition of spiritual death to a renewed condition of holiness and life. This regeneration is noted in the Bible as, "put off old way of life; clothed with new way of life; process of having one's mind renewed in its thinking, reasoning and willing" Ephesians 4:17-32. This regeneration or spiritual change takes place when the steps to salvation have been completed, not simply through baptism alone.

What gives us the opportunity to be saved? Jesus Christ's completed work and his sacrificial death. The other day I was watching Joseph Prince on TBN (Trinity Broadcast Network) and he was testifying to a revelation he received of Jesus Christ on the cross. He had his creative team create a dramatization of this revelation. It will be hard for me to describe what I saw and I guess for him the feeling was the same. He stated he had issues with trying to make what his spiritual mind saw come to fruition in a video. The video showed Jesus Christ on the cross. You could see his body worn from the beatings and physical maltreatment He received. You could see the nails in His hands and feet, the crown of thorns on His head and His body saturated with His blood. Bruised but not broken, you can see Him, hanging there. His pain was not only from the beatings He received but also from the burden and pain of carrying our sins.

On the video, Joseph Prince allows you to visualize how our sins caused Jesus so much pain. As He hung there on the cross you can see His earthly body consume all of the world's sins: our lies, our fears, sloth, greed, gluttony, envy, idolatry, jealousy, promiscuity, sexual immoralities....all of them for all the world. As He consumed each and every sin we have and will ever commit, He cried out. As I watched the video, I believe the consumption of our sins caused more pain than the ripping away of His flesh.  Have you ever sat down and really thought about what Jesus Christ has done? Have you ever really thought about the fact that while He was on that cross He paid the price for the lives of everyone who would ever grace this earth? Oh, the burden and pain He must have felt.  My heart aches at the thought, which is small in comparison. I know how badly I would feel when I would take on my own sin. Imagine how He felt carrying everything for everyone.

With His death on the cross also died all of the world's sin for all time, past, present and future. All He requires is our faith and belief in Him. Below, you will find the prayer of salvation. If you have not already, I  urge you to say this prayer aloud not only because you owe your very existence to Him but also for your eternal peace.


Prayer of Salvation
"Dear Jesus,
I believe in You. I believe You are the Son of God, that You died for my sins, and that You were buried and rose again as written in the Bible. I'm sorry for sinning against You. Forgive me for all my sins. Come into my heart. Take charge of my life and make me the way You want me to be. I repent of my sins. I confess You now as my Lord and Savior. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit. Thank You, Jesus! In Jesus' Name, Amen.



READ     *    PRAY    *     TRUST     *     OBEY  

No comments:

Post a Comment